6 Reasons why you’re not where you want to be in life right now
*This post contains affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission if you purchase something through my links. I promise, I didn’t toss links in here to just make a few extra cents – I linked to products that I use in my everyday life that saved me from hiring out help I desperately needed. I hope these products can help you find relief and peace like they did for me.
First, don’t beat yourself up. It’s pretty much impossible to do EVERYTHING you wanted to do in life by now. You still have so much life to live! But I know what you mean, there are certain milestones and big things you wanted to accomplish by a certain age. I get that. So let’s look at the pieces to the puzzle to see what it takes to turn this boat around.
The 6 reasons why people are not where they want to be in life right now:
- Attitude. Negative nellies are not world changers. If you are negative, you just made your day 100% harder. It happens, we all slip. It’s human nature to become discouraged. It’s what you do after you realize you are being negative and discouraging to yourself. Once you realize you are in negative nelly mode – remind yourself this isn’t productive, and it’s going to suck up time you don’t want to waste. Take a deep breath, force a smile, hold that smile until you laugh, and then figure out what you need to do to fix the thing that made you get into the negative attitude funk in the first place.
- Throwing in the towel too soon. There is nothing like a plan that gets derailed. When your plans, project, or whatever you are working on starts hitting bumps in the road (or maybe a full fledged boulder in the road) don’t shut the car off. What I mean is, don’t give up and walk away. Do you want to know the honest reason why some people are successful and some are not? The successful people just didn’t give up. They kept going, and became resourceful and sought for help when they hit roadblocks. People that are not successful just quit too soon. Period. You never know when your big break is coming. You may just have quit and turned around – just before your big break was about to happen.
- They don’t plan. This one is super easy, and it gets looked over the most. If you don’t plan then you are getting ready to start tripping over the small details and mistakes that come up with being unprepared. You don’t need to draw out the Taj Mahal, but a simple plan will save you time and hassle. Last time I checked none of us are able to get any extra time on this planet. Use it wisely, and use it for what makes you happy. I have thought to myself, if there was ever an invention that showed up time that we wasted – ugh – would I be able to look at it without cringing? What if my wasted time over the course of my life added up to years? Years of my life gone for nothing. Plan. This is what I use that makes planning simple, fun, and its eco-friendly.
- Their life is not organized. Ever see someone’s garage that is super messy? That is how most people treat their lives. They let unfinished projects, clutter, garbage, and just unorganized chaos take over. Just like that messy garage. How do you organize your life?? Start by cleaning up the messes right in front of you. What is the first thing on your mind that bothers you? What in your surroundings at home or work bothers you? Maybe you have a to do list that is a mile long. Get your life organized with a plan. You don’t have to create a mile long To Do List. Start with what is important and most bothersome. Then start blasting all the small little projects as quickly as possible. This should leave you with a handful or less of things to tackle. Wouldn’t you like to be able to focus on just a few things on your To Do List…rather than what it would look like right now if you had to write EVERYTHING you still have to accomplish? You want to know what works for me? This is exactly what I use. It’s my personal assistant that I only had to pay for 1 time – for her service that will last years. Here is the lower cost substitute, almost the same thing but you’ll see the difference. Sometimes a small investment in ourselves will make our immediate future so much easier. This is one thing that I have learned. If you can’t afford help (I still can’t afford all the help I need! Lol) – then find 1 time investments that will still get you the help you NEED.
- Time isn’t money to them. Your time is valuable. If you have too much on your plate that you cannot get done in the set amount of time that it needs to get done – it’s time to hire out tasks. **You need to be honest with yourself though. If you cannot afford to hire someone to knock out some tasks you don’t have time for (so that you can spend time on more important things that make you more money) then you need to take a step back. Immediately. Your first goal will then be how to get yourself in a position to earn enough money to sub out your time consuming tasks that can be done by someone else.
- They don’t set deadlines. You need to give yourself a mental deadline for everything. It won’t always work out. That’s not the point. The point is to keep yourself accountable and on track. Here is a general example. Let’s say you want to start a business. Give yourself X amount of time to call a lawyer for a free consultation to see what you would need to do to start a business in your state. Let’s say you give yourself 2 days to do that and it happens that you ended up meeting the lawyer on the 3rd day. Did you fail? No. The point was giving yourself a time frame. If you didn’t give a time frame at all..would you have bother to set anything up at all? Would it have taken weeks…months..maybe never? Use the same method for things as simple as cleaning your kitchen to any project you can dream up.
You don’t need to wait for someone to invent some magicial new trend to start seeing progress and results in your life now. If you can SERIOUSLY work on these 6 reasons that we just talked about here, you can start to make a difference in your life today.
The only one that can change your life is you.
We all get one life, and we are living it right now.
So get rid of the negativity, drama, and start taking steps to live the life you day dream about.
It’s within your reach…but will you grab it?
We all start somewhere. The important part is just that…starting.
If you want to laugh at my personal life – you can read about it all the time & any time on Twitter and Instagram. I post my real life events and mishaps there. I could just slap up my blog posts – but you know what – that’s not really my style.
I’m just a tad too bold to go with the flow.
So, if you are curious to see what my daily life is like – or how this week has been absolutely insane so far for me (and laugh about my misfortunes – it’s okay – it’s funny) then head over to Instagram and Twitter to see what it’s like running businesses while raising kids, all while – still trying to keep the house maintained.
As for the blog, I have some awesome surprises coming. It’s taken a wee bit longer than I wanted it too – but you can’t mess with good quality. It’s a must, must, must.
So I’ll just have to keep the lid on my excitement jar for now.
Don’t worry – as always, you will be the first to know when I release this ultra awesome surprise on the blog as long as you are signed up for my free newsletter!
I was inspired to start my own Zazzle store by Heather Keet @ Shank-you-very-much.com – Heather is absolutely hilarious! She may use a few colorful words to in her humor but nothing too extreme! I laugh so hard I have tears coming out of my eyes when I am reading her posts. Small things like laughter can turn anyone’s day around.
Great lifestyle tips don't have to end here...
Sign up and get more lifestyle tips delivered right to your inbox for free.
- First access to all new materials before anyone else
- Exclusive discounts for email subscribers ONLY
- Rare behind the scenes view of myself & the blog
Lastly, you will be able to email me at anytime - to ask questions and get my exclusive help - for free!
This isn't just another email list. This is a real friendship - with someone that is willing to be there for you 100% of the way.